Goals of Bulgarian Green Building Council
- To promote the importance of the use of sustainable techniques in the design, construction and operation of buildings and urban areas in order to achieve a sustainable living environment with a minimal impact on the surroundings.
- To raise social awareness through education and encouragement of the creation of clean and healthy living spaces.
- To support and encourage the development and implementation of such methods.
- To promote its activities and achievements in various forums in order to solidify the development of sustainable construction industry in Bulgaria, a valuable member of the European union.
- To catalyse the development and implementation of sustainable practices through direct education and marketing to industry professionals such as architects, investors, and all other participants in construction and regional development both on a local and national scales.
- To support and cooperate with all governmental and non-governmental organisations in the creation of an adequate legislature to guarantee a sustainable built-up environment in the future.
- To maintain a EU standard of quality in all of its programs.
- To take active participation in the creation and implementation of a single certification system in Bulgaria for efficient buildings, based on the current German certification system.
- To train professionals for all steps of the certification process.